Before my bio, here are 10 random things about me, because that’s more fun than a boring bio.
- My MBTI type is INFP.
- I have Welsh ancestry, of which I’m very proud. What other country has more castles per square foot of land and a dragon on the flag?
- I’ve been known to read a baby name book like a novel. Needless to say, I love names.
- I like going barefoot in the rain.
- For the most part, I listen to soundtracks and classical music rather than more popular genres. Shadowlands by George Fenton is my favorite soundtrack, and my favorite composer would probably be Rachmaninoff. Or Ralph Vaughan Williams.
- Sometimes I accidentally spalk in toonerisms.
- I’ve eaten escargot and liked it. I’ve also had violet flavored ice cream. It tasted like exotic vanilla.
- My favorite color is green.
- I speak a little Russian and Welsh, and I want to go to both those countries someday. It would also be fun to visit England, Norway, Iceland, Italy, and Germany.
- As long as I’ve been around, my family has had one or more cats. They’re my favorite animal (besides dragons). This is my cat, Poco. Her name comes from the musical term “poco a poco”, little by little, because when we got her, she was a tiny lil’ thing.
I live in the beautiful foothills of the Sierra Nevada in California. I’ve lived in the same house all my life, and I was homeschooled by my amazing parents. As a shy kid who had a hard time making friends, I did a lot of reading and playing with my imaginary people. Being an only child helped develop my imagination and storytelling ability, since I had to make up my playmates and everything they said and did.
I always liked making up stories, but it wasn’t until I was in my early teens that I actually sat down and wrote an entire novel. I tried ballet, ice skating, and music lessons, but music is the only thing that’s stuck besides writing (though I do like going ice skating every once in a while). I play violin in the Auburn Symphony, piano, and dabble in a few other instruments. That first novel, and the one after it, are both “in the drawer”. Maybe someday I’ll rewrite them. I love all genres of speculative fiction, and right now I’m working on a series of three epic fantasy novels set in the same universe.